Industries & Cases
What you can achieve with us
Your company has recognised the opportunities and challenges of digital transformation, and your new strategy is ready – but management remains stuck in their old ways of thinking, and your employees are not sure how to implement the strategy. According to a recent survey by the Association of German Business Consultants, 60 percent of employees cannot explain their company’s strategy in a coherent way – from entry-level employees all the way to the management level.
Our expert teams are active in...
Long-term transformation processes such as:
The interactive design and definition of:
Would you like to know concretely what StrategyActivation looks like when applied in real situations? Here is a summary…
Restructuring program in the automotive industry:
- Interactively developed a common strategic mission alongside company leadership
- Design of the “Big Picture” of the future at one of the company’s most important production sites, in collaboration with multipliers from all sectors
- Activated communication through a descriptive and vivid Strategy Map as well as interactive workshops
Result: Based on the most contemporary cognitive methods, successful painting of a concrete picture of the future of the aforementioned production site: “Proud of Personal Performance” and “Daily Challenges, Core Competencies, Added Value and New Habits” produce a secure future. Illustrated potential barriers and a vision of the path to new markets.
U.S. market entry strategy for a “hidden champion” in the automotive supplier industry:
- Within five weeks, more than 70 construction foremen across the U.S. were interviewed on the phone regarding the current status quo and performance expectations held by customers
- We developed an effective market entry strategy based on identified “Moments of Truth” for target customers
- To address cultural differences, we applied modern, vivid cognition and creativity techniques to help project stakeholders commit to a common goal and strategy
Result: Construction of a highly-profitable U.S. business within two years.
Development of a digitalization strategy for an internationally active investment company:
- Activation of a gridlocked online project that after an entire year still remained in general concept status
- After an intensive review, we put together a task force based on technical qualifications and personal approach
- In one week on a remote corner of the Alps, via the MLI Rapid-Facilitation Technique we developed a vivid, storyboard-based overall plan for the company’s digital services, electronic trading platform and business partner acquisition model
Result: New York research firm Kasina chose this company’s online platform as one of the Top 3 Websites in Europe that year.
Design and Activation of a Europe-wide consulting model for a large European bank’s premium clientele:
- Putting together an international team of experts
- Customer Experience Labs in order to identify “Moments of Truth” in the actual experiences of target clients; compared the bank’s perception of itself to the external perception held by selected clients
- The team collaboratively analysed the cultural differences and country-specific standards of clients, while exploring uniform processes and quality criteria of the global finance market
Result: Development of a new standardized Europe-wide consulting approach to private banking.
Diversity initiative in a large international service provider:
- Diversity initiative in collaboration with a comprehensive team spanning company units and hierarchy, drawing the discussion away from gender-specific roles and opportunities in favor of defining a set of key competencies that were decisive for future business success
- Visually illustrated new Diversity Strategy and launch of an activation initiative
Result: The new diversity initiative measurably decreased gender-based resistance, leading to a new idea and innovation culture in the workplace through triggering a change in perspectives.
Activation of an international digitalization strategy at a globally leading insurance company:
- Clarified expectations and mental pictures among key people
- Developed and visually illustrated common mission with the involvement of 150 members of company leadership and 100 employees
- Communicated strategy by activating and interactive means
- Facilitated workshop for all leadership and their respective teams to clarify personal understanding of strategy, internalize strategy, and define personal contribution to the strategy
Result: Substantial rise in employee engagement and buy-in with the strategy.
Worldwide Learning Week at a leading global financial service provider:
- Global Kick-Off Event to activate digitalization strategy
- Combination of worldwide presentations, e-Activation modules, an international team project and an on-site “Activity Game” as a live simulation of success-critical behavior patterns
Result: More than 1,000 employees from over 20 countries left with an engaging understanding of their personal contribution in the context of their corporation’s global digitalization strategy.
Leadership Dialogue in a large energy corporation:
- Development of a set of the most important values and principles for contemporary leadership with selected leadership from all continents through Leadership Labs utilizing MLI Design Thinking principles
- Visually illustrated and emotionalized aforementioned values and principles via activation methods
- Worldwide leadership in a directed dialogue process to clarify and give feedback on the core values and principles that were concretely experienced in everyday leadership roles
Result: Creation of international program to enable management’s maximum agility and ability to adapt.
Activation of an Omni-channel strategy at a leading international electronics retailer:
- Determined the significant “Moments of Truth” that shaped clients’ stance toward the business
- Developed an integrated mission within the framework of a comprehensive Leadership Coalition formed by company leadership and employees
- Vividly communicated the strategy in the form of a Strategy Map
- Led Activating “Moments of Truth” Campaign with all employees to achieve key understanding and direct focus within the organization on crucial behavior patterns
Result: Contrary to the fears of sales team, the number of participants in online offers was significantly higher than anticipated.
Repositioning of a consumer goods producer:
- Repositioning of an out-of-fashion traditional brand into a “premium manufacturer” in only a few weeks, drawing on a team of private equity experts and company leadership
- Without changing the product spectrum or design, positioning of the brand to cater to a completely new target group with stronger purchasing power
- Customized newly-activated value proposition to the spirit of the target customer group on the basis of consumer insight analyses
- In subsequent projects, rigorous translation of the new positioning into the brand, sales and B2B communication units to create a new attention-grabbing approach at point-of-sale (POS)
Result: Significant double-digit rise in profit margins.
Development of a new business mission within the framework of international Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activities at a leading technology corporation:
- Competition analysis: Comparison of business mission statements regarding their potential to effectively Activate and motivate stakeholders
- Clarified and defined expectations and mental pictures regarding the company’s mission
- Workshop for the executive board to develop a mission that told an exciting story about the future of the company
- Development a modular communication and activation plan for various groups of stakeholders, which included answering the “Why?” question, principles of collaboration, as well as vivid Signature Stories
Result: Measurably higher understanding of collective strategy and buy-in, particularly among employees of the firm that was taken over.
Clear definition and communication of marketing strategy at a leading telecommunications firm:
- Concretely defined and designed strategic priorities with executive board
- Designed and visually illustrated company mission with the involvement of over 100 employees to achieve maximum credibility and authenticity
- Self-explaining workshop format to clarify personal contribution and role on a team-level: activated thousands of employees in only a few weeks
Result: Enormous increase in employee engagement and agreement with strategy.
Activation of leadership team in a large international health care cooperation:
- “Moments of Truth Discovery” sessions with leadership from various countries to identify and analyse success-critical moments in everyday work of company leadership
- Development of role model behavior patterns and an activating and motivating presentation concept
- Designed content and didactic elements of a team-building format for 350 international leaders
- Real-life business simulation: a 2-hour interactive “customer-centered” business game that simulated success-critical moments (which were unclear, complex and/or dilemmatic), creating the possibility for maximum experiential learning
Result: Common understanding of leadership culture and roles, development of a unified “global team” spirit.
Innovation Labs for an international non-profit organisation in Berlin and Silicon Valley
- Selected “Innovation Teams” of employees from different sectors external experts and target customers
- Evaluated social entreperneurial ideas with experts and representatives from the “Start-Up” scene in Silicon Valley and Berlin
Result: Presentation of an “Social Innovation Portfolio” to the board; selection of strategic initiatives.
Turn-around plan for a consulting firm:
- Based on the core competencies of the consultants, we analysed the firm’s present services with respect to added benefits for clients and then developed a wider range of solutions to act as additional income sources
Result: In just one year, the redesigned portfolio led to a tripling of profits and a 40% growth in sales.
Set-up of a new division and an innovative business management system in a large service provider:
- Design of and support through an activating transformation initiative to build a new business division
- Systematic gathering of expectations and standard requirements of lucrative target groups through customer insight interviews and a “Moments that Matter” Discovery Lab – an interactive format involving potential clients and affected employees
- Re-shaping of business management system based on the points of customer contact that were identified as having the highest impact on customer perception